The ‘Apun Bahan’ program was approved by the Assam government during yesterday’s cabinet meeting. The program is designed to provide interest discounts on auto loans, making it simpler for qualified employees to buy automobiles.
The State Government will offer interest subsidies under the “Apun Bahan” program on motor vehicle loans obtained through scheduled commercial banks, regional rural banks, and the Reserve Bank of India-recognized Assam Cooperative Apex Bank.
Benefits of Apun Bahan Scheme Assam
All permanent residents of Assam who apply for housing loans from Scheduled Commercial Banks, Regional Rural Banks, and the Assam Cooperative Apex Bank that have been approved by the Reserve Bank of India will receive a one-time financial assistance of up to INR 2,50,000 from the Assam government.
The amount of the loan the applicant has taken will determine how much assistance they are entitled for under this program. The subsidy amount must fall into one of the following categories.
Eligibility Standards For Apun Bahan Scheme Assam
Individual Housing Loans of up to Rs. 40 lakhs sanctioned on or after 01/04/2019 shall be eligible for the benefit, subject to the conditions outlined below:
- The aspirant must be an Indian citizen who resides permanently in Assam.
- The residence being purchased must be situated in the state of Assam.
- The total annual income of the Composite Family cannot exceed Rs. 20,000,000/-.”Composite Family” refers to a family consisting of a Husband, a Wife, and their unmarried, dependent sons and daughters. “Composite Family” refers to a family consisting of a Husband, a Wife, and their unmarried, dependent sons and daughters.
- Members of the composite family of the beneficiary cannot have acquired a home through inheritance of an ancestral home or self-acquisition.
- Only new housing loans sanctioned by banks in 2019-2020 will be eligible for a subsidy under this scheme, as the government’s primary objective is to stimulate economic growth incrementally. Prior to 2018-19, foreclosed mortgages that are refinanced in 2019-20 are not eligible for subsidies under this program.
- In addition, only loan accounts with housing loans sanctioned for at least Rs. 5 lakhs will be eligible for subsidies under this program.
Documents Necessary For Apun Bahan Scheme Assam
- The necessary paperwork must be supplied when applying for a home loan program.
- A passport-sized picture
- PAN cards, voter identification cards, identity cards, etc.
- Evidence of Residence
- The most recent wage slip with all deductions officially validated by the DDO
- Salary account statement for the last six months
- If the pay is credited somewhere other than an SBI account, there are no unpaid wages from the current banker.
- Statement of personal assets and liabilities in bank format
- Evidence that you have been working for at least five years
- Documents proving you own the land
Application Method Required For Apun Bahan Scheme Assam
To enroll in the home loan program, please follow the steps listed below:
- The applicant must consult the Assam Government’s official website to obtain the application form.
- The “schemes and projects” menu is accessible from the portal’s homepage.
- The user must select “Apun Ghar” in order to obtain the application form.
- Fill out the form with the necessary information and include the required attachments with the form.
- The applicant must submit a properly completed application to the Drawing and Disbursement Officer (DDO).
Note: Upon submission, the DDO (Drawing and Disbursement Officer) will submit the loan application to the State Bank of India for processing and loan disbursement.