In an effort to promote India’s diverse culture, art, and craftsmanship, the Airport Authority of India has launched the AVSAR scheme. This action was taken in accordance with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s goal of fostering the skills of female artisans and craftspeople and providing them with the appropriate opportunities. Under this initiative, each Airport Authority of India-operated airport has been allotted 100 to 200 square feet. The space is being allocated to self-help groups or SHGs for a period of 15 days on a rotational basis. In this article, we will discuss the AVSAR Scheme’s application process, required documents, and other pertinent information.
What is the AVSAR scheme?
The Airport as Venue for Trained Artisans of the Region, abbreviated as AVSAR, is a scheme of the Airport Authority of India to allot space to self-help groups at its airports for the sale/display of their region’s handcrafted goods.
Highlights of Avsar Scheme
- Each airport run by AAI has set aside a space of 100–200 square feet. For a period of 15 days, the self-help groups will each get their time in the area.
- Puffed rice, packaged papad, pickles, bamboo-based ladies bag/bottle/lamp sets, local artefacts, traditional craft, natural dyes, embroidery, and indigenous weaves with contemporary design are just a few of the homemade local products that SHGs run by local women are displaying and marketing to travelers at the following airports: Chennai, Agartala, Dehradun, Kushinagar, Udaipur, & Amritsar.
You May Like
- The plan to support SHGs by giving them space at AAI Airports will provide these small organizations a lot of publicity and equip them to advertise and promote their goods to a wider audience, reaching out to a bigger demographic.
Regarding Self-Help Groups:
Individual initiative Groups are India’s most effective means of empowering small and rural communities to achieve self-sufficiency. The government is continuously fostering an environment conducive to strengthening SHGs. Many of these organizations are excellent producers and creators of local arts, crafts, useful, and high-quality products with consumer demand, and they require the opportunity and space to display their wares.
Documents Necessary For Avsar Scheme
- The name of the self-help organization
- Phone number
- Specifications of the product
- Period of allocation
- PAN Number
- The Aadhaar Card
Registration Procedure of Avsar Scheme
The AVSAR program will require self-help groups to register online. The registration process is described in detail below.
- Visit www.aai.aero, the official webpage.
- Select “Registration” from the drop-down menu.
- Fill up the blanks with the necessary information.
- Select the “Submit” option.
The Airport Authority of India (AAI) has created the “AVSAR” project to develop and give opportunities for women, artists, and craftspeople.