The Government of India undertakes a variety of programs for the welfare and advancement of all societal segments, including minority women, particularly those who come from economically disadvantaged groups. The Indian government introduced the Nai Roshni Scheme for women from underrepresented groups in 2012–2013.
By giving them the information, resources, and leadership development strategies they need, this program aims to empower and boost the confidence of women. The Nai Roshni Yojana is covered in detail in this article. You will learn all the crucial information about the Nai Roshni Scheme 2023, including its goals, advantages, characteristics, eligibility, needed paperwork, application process, etc.
Objective Of The Nai Roshni Plan
The primary goal of the Nai Roshni Scheme 2023 is to empower and instill confidence in minority women by equipping them with the knowledge, tools, and techniques necessary to interact with government systems, banks, and other institutions at all levels.
Women will receive various forms of leadership training through this program so that they can become self-sufficient. This initiative will enhance the living conditions of women from minority communities. Through the implementation of this program, women will become economically independent and self-assured members of society.
Target Populations of the Nai Roshni Plan
- As previously stated, the nai Roshani plan specifically targets women from minority groups, such as Muslim, Jain, Buddhist, Christian, and Parsi communities that are recognized under Section 2(C) of the National Commission for Minorities Act of 1992.
- In order to foster a sense of community and take into account India’s diversity, this program also permits the admission of women from nonminority communities, which is an inclusive initiative.
- However, the percentage of representation from other communities cannot be greater than the planned project’s 25% strength.
- In this 25% mix, particular emphasis should be placed on hiring women from the SC, ST, and OBC groups.
Need for Nai Roshni Plan
Women’s empowerment is central to the Nai Roshani program, which is essential to the mission of equitable and inclusive social development.
You May Like
The Nai Roshni scheme is also essential to our struggle against poverty, the strengthening of civil society, and the promotion of India’s economic development.
Women and children are the most vulnerable and hardest hit by poverty; therefore, Nai Roshni initiatives will aid in the protection of the most vulnerable members of society.
Importance of the Nai Roshni Plan
- The Nai Roshni program is an important step towards the aim of gender equality. The benefits of the Nai Roshni Scheme can be comprehended through the following points:
- The Nai Roshni initiative was launched as an integral part of India’s endeavors to eradicate poverty, economic backwardness, and social stigmas.
- This project’s effective execution will also guarantee the protection of children and women against their susceptibility to poverty.
- The Nai Roshni scheme will be a significant milestone in attaining equitable government benefits for women of minority communities, thereby enhancing their quality of life and raising their standard of living.
- This endeavor will also inculcate a sense of confidence in minority women, allowing them to leave their homes and assume and dominate leadership positions in various fields.
- The Nai Roshni initiative will also increase minority women’s access to a variety of services, allowing them to acquire diverse skills and seize the abundant opportunities available outside of their residences in pursuit of a better life and a better society.
Facts and Figures About the Nai Roshni Scheme for UPSC
- Release Years: 2012–2013
- Ministry: Minority Affairs Ministry
- Type: Minority Communities Leadership Development Program for Women
- Coverage: All of India
- Minority community women between the ages of 18 and 65 (including Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Jains, and Parsis)
- Currently included alongside four other programs under the PM-VIKAS Yojana.