It is the government of Sikkim’s flagship program, which will enhance the quality of life for deserving households by providing them with accommodation facilities. Under the Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana, approximately 3,050 beneficiaries across the state will receive pucca residences with essential amenities. These homes will be built through SGAY. It is a single-story RCC building with essential amenities including a living room, two bedrooms, kitchen, restroom, and television, as well as one sofa set, one Center table, two almirahs, two single mattresses, and one double bed.
Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana’s Goal
The major goal of the Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana is to offer dwellings to all beneficiaries. The government promotes housing for the impoverished via the plan in order to improve their quality of life. Aside from that, individuals will become self-sufficient with the implementation of the Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana. This project will boost the livelihoods of the people of the state while also improving the housing conditions of the disadvantaged. The government will also give financial support for housing renovations under this plan.
Benefits And Features Of Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana
- The Sikkim government has introduced the Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana.
- Under this program, beneficiaries will receive pakka dwellings.
- It is completely funded by the government.
- This plan will provide decent housing for urban homeless families.
- This plan will be implemented by the Government of Sikkim’s Department of Urban Development.
- The initial phase of this plan will be implemented between 2021 and 2025.
- Under the first segment, dwellings will be provided to all Eligible beneficiaries.
- The purpose of this plan is to make Sikkim a kutcha-free state.
- To enable the urban impoverished to own land in urban areas, access to adequate housing will be made available through the construction of individual homes.
- According to the 2011 census, this program will encompass all of the statutory municipalities.
Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana Coverage
- This system will cover all of the statutory towns identified in the 2011 census.
- The residence built or purchased under this program shall be in the name of the female head of the household or in the joint name of the male head of the household and his wife.
- If there is no adult female member of the family, the residence might be registered in the name of the male member of the family.
- Valid registered title or ownership documents must be used to include the name of a female head of the home.
Beneficiary Selection and Approval of Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana
- The government will form a state-level approval and monitoring body.
- This committee will approve the list of beneficiaries suggested by a screening committee at the local level.
- The announcement will include the terms of reference for the state-level monitoring and approval committee.
- Any official from the member secretary’s office whose presence is necessary for the beneficiary selection process may be co-opted by the member secretary.
You May Like
- The final list of recipients will be authorized by the UDD special secretary and joint secretary.
- The government will also establish a district-level monitoring committee to oversee and assure the scheme’s correct execution.
Eligibility Requirements For Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana
- The recipient has to have an SSC, COI, or RC.
- The recipient cannot be the owner of a pakka house in any region of India.
- The applicant cannot currently be receiving benefits from another housing program run by the governments of India or Sikkim.
- The candidates’ yearly family income cannot exceed Rs 6 lakh.
- There shouldn’t be a regular government employee in the recipient family.
- The applicant must submit a self-declaration affidavit affirming their eligibility to receive benefits under the system, which must be sworn before a qualified oath commissioner.
Documents Needed for the Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana
- Aadhar Card
- A residence permit
- Election ID card
- Feeding card
- a passport-sized picture
- mobile phone
- such as email ID
Application Procedure for Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana
- You must initially click on the URL supplied here.
- A PDF document will load before you
- You are required to print this PDF file.
- After that, you must complete the application form with the required information, which includes the following:-
- Name of the candidate
- The gender
- Father’s moniker
- marital standing
- Name of the spouse
- Age of the candidate
- Telephone number
- The address of
- Details of existing home’s ownership
- Subject certificate for Sikkim
- Voter identification number
- Aadhar card identification number
- Family individual information
- A belief system
- The category
- Bank account information, etc.
- Now you must attach the necessary documents to this form.
- Now you must submit this form to the appropriate department.
- You can register under Sikkim Garib by following this procedure Awas Project.