The recent announcement of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Vishwakarma Yojana in his Independence Day address has cleared the way for a new plan targeted at improving the livelihood chances of traditional artists and craftspeople. Following the announcement, the Union Cabinet quickly approved the initiative, indicating the government’s commitment to fostering and maintaining traditional skills and crafts.
What is Vishwakarma Yojana’s Purpose?
One of the primary goals of the program is to improve the quality and reach of artisans’ and craftspeople’s products and services, as well as to integrate them into domestic and international value chains.
Vishwakarma Yojana Advantages
- Training & Skill Development: A comprehensive 6-day training program will provide traditional craftspeople with an excellent opportunity to improve their abilities. Carpenters, tailors, basket weavers, barbers, goldsmiths, blacksmiths, potters, confectioners, cobblers, and others will benefit from this instruction, which is tailored to their individual needs.
- Financial support: In addition to training, the initiative provides considerable financial support ranging from Rs 10,000 to Rs 10 lakh. This financial assistance helps recipients to jumpstart and develop their enterprises, resulting in improved livelihoods.
You May Like
- Employment Opportunities: The PM Vishwakarma Scheme is a driving force in the creation of new job opportunities. It aspires to employ around 15,000 people each year, promoting economic growth and stability.
- Online Application Process: Aspiring beneficiaries can apply for the scheme online. This user-friendly approach streamlines the application procedure and guarantees that qualified individuals may quickly take advantage of the scheme’s benefits.
- Full Cost Coverage: Under the Vishwakarma Scheme, the state government assumes responsibility for covering the whole cost of different training programs. This means that craftspeople may obtain high-quality training without incurring any financial costs.
The Eligibility Criteria For Vishwakarma Scheme
- The applicant must be a resident of India.
- The applicant must be an Artisan or Craftsperson/Craftsman.
Documents Necessary For Vishwakarma Scheme
The following paperwork is anticipated to be required when applying for the PM Vishwakarma Yojana.
- Card Aadhar.
- Identity card for voters.
- Evidence of Occupation.
- Phone Number.
- Bank account information.
- Income Statement.
- Caste Certificate, if necessary
How to Apply For the Vishwakarma Scheme?
- This program was unveiled by Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitaraman when she unveiled the 2023–2024 budget.
- The Central Cabinet approved the introduction of the PM Vishwakarma Yojana, also known as the PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana, on August 16, 2023.
- On the occasion of Vishwakarma Jayanti, which falls on September 17, 2023, the PM Vishwakarma Yojana will now be implemented over all of India.
- Therefore, there are currently no adequate instructions or application processes accessible for the PM Vishwakarma Yojana.
- We’ll update this as soon as the Indian government makes the PM Vishwakarma Kausal Samman Yojana application process available.