Every district shall have a Sponsorship and Foster Care Approval Committee (SFCAC) to review and sanction sponsorship (for preventive settings only) and foster care fund. The SFCAC shall meet every month and total time taken to dispose of a case shall not exceed three months from the date of the receipt of the application. The composition of SFCAC is given below:
- District Child Protection Officer- Chairperson
- Protection Officer (Non-Institutional Care)- Member
- Chairperson / Member, Child Welfare Committee- Member
- Representative of Specialized Adoption Agency (SAA)- Member
- Representative of a Voluntary Organisation working in the area of ChildProtection Member.